What does massage do?
Massage does much more than create a pleasant sensation on the skin. One of the most immediate benefits of massage is a feeling of deep relaxation and calm. This occurs because massage promotes the release of endorphins (brain chemicals) that produce feelings of well being whilst levels of stress hormones (such as adrenalin, cortisol and norepinephrine) are reduced.
Massage stimulates both the body and the spirit, leaving you physically and mentally relaxed
What are the Benefits of massage:
- Reduced muscle tension and pain
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system (the body's waste disposal system)
- Reduction of stress hormones
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility
- Improved skin tone
- Speedier healing of soft tissue injuries
- Heightened mental alertness
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Boosts immune system
What Does Massage Treat?
Modern studies have shown that massage can be used to successfully treat a variety of disorders, including:
- Back pain
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and stress
- High blood pressure
- Fluid Retention